Tuesday, November 4, 2008

People really don't know

So, we've started calling utilities and setting up cancellation dates. jeremy had a funny (funny in a sad way) situation where the woman asked if nz was cold.  jer was like, "well, it can be...." and she said, "isn't by alaska?" jeremy explained it was near australia and informed her that it is warm there giving her references to the outback and movies that referred to it, like crocodile dundee. all i could do was shake my head.

i had a man asked me if i would adopt him as a grandpa and take him. he went on and on about adopting him how he's nice and takes care of his grandchildren. so i commented that his actual grandchildren might miss him.  that didn't deter him.  

it has been nice to tell the dish and telephone people that we're leaving the country. it makes it so much easier to cancel b/c they don't try to get you just to transfer your service.  ah, the fun of moving...

4 comments:

tlawwife said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

timwylie said...

I can't believe you guys are leaving. Keep up the blog so we know what you're up to.

Anonymous said...

It still hasn't quite hit me how much farther away you'll really be. I'm really proud of you guys.

Leslie said...

That's funny. It was kind of nice to cancel utilities and NOT have to transfer them! I loved it--plus some places you will get a deposit back! Also...I remember New Zealand being REALLY COLD at times when we were there. Of course, there are times when it is warm, which I haven't experienced yet, but one day soon I will! Good luck getting everything done!!