Monday, May 18, 2009

In Memory Of...

On Thursday (US time), Billie Grimes, who I worked with at the library when I was in high school, passed away. Her lungs finally gave out. She'd been in and out of the hospital for a while. I'm glad to know she is at peace now. She was 79.

On a sadder note, Jamie Gault, a close friend of mine since Kindergarten, passed away on Saturday (US time) of cancer. She also worked at the library with Billie. It's good Jamie held out until Billie passed. Billie wouldn't have handled that well. I know Jamie's husband, her high school sweetheart Michael, will be in so much pain right now, along with the rest of Jamie's family. Michael took a position stocking groceries at Wal-Mart at night so he could be with Jamie for her doctor's appointments. He took such good care of her.

Jamie and I were best friends from Kindergarten through 3rd grade, when she moved to Oklahoma. We were pen pals for a while after that. In early high school, they moved back to Arkansas and we were best friends again. We were married 1 week apart from each other. I am going to miss her dearly, but I know she is no longer in pain from her cancer.

1 comment:

tlawwife said...

How sad. Sending prayers for the families.