Friday, January 22, 2010

Tonight

This is Scott and Rissa Marlar. You've read about them before. They're from Texas and live over here with 2 of their 3 kids. Well, sadly, they are moving back to the states on the 31st. So, lots of things are changing for them. We're buying a lot of their stuff for when we move house in a few months. Everyone is giving them dinners and such to say goodbye and spend quality time with them. Tonight was one such dinner. There is a lovely Japanese couple who own a take away shop, with a few tables too for eat in. Jeremy and I frequent there. The lady comes to church sometimes. The Marlar's met them by doing English lessons with them. They asked Jeremy and I to come to dinner tonight at the restaurant. Jeremy, however, is camping with a couple of other families up north this weekend, but I got to go to the dinner. It was soooo good. They cooked different Asian meals and kept feeding us. I am so stuffed, I had to push my waistline down on my jeans to keep from hurting too much. I felt I needed to try a little of everything they put out. There was so many different plates. They also have organic ice cream. We got half way through that when she remembered she made cheesecake and fruit for dessert, so we had that after the ice cream. They had a lot left over. You would have thought they cooked for more than 7 people. Of course, they didn't eat but 2 bites worth b/c they said they're trying to lose weight from a recent trip the south island. They're so sweet. We love eating at their place. I will attempt to spell their first names for you. I haven't a clue what their last name is. :-) Horoko (wife) and Ichiro (husband) This is how we say it...all the o's are long /Ho ro ko/ and /E cheer o/

No comments: