I have come to dread the nights.
1. Rocket wakes every 1-2 hours to feed.
2. Getting up from my lying position is painful.
3. I know I'll be getting up earlier to start my day that I want to.
Knowing that I won't really be sleeping much is disheartening. Why not just stay up? Well, I'll tell you why. You go nuts! My first night home (or was it the second?), I was absolutely terrified to sleep. I was sure I would die if I went to sleep. I wasn't so keen on that idea as I had just had a baby needed to care for it. Jeremy calmly talked me out of my crazy state and put me in bed.
I am not always awake when I seem awake. I once texted Jeremy to come downstairs to help me (that's normal), but when he got there, Rocket and I were both sound asleep. He woke me asking what was going on. I then realized that when I did it, I was awake but not coherent. It was something from my dream that made me text him. I also tend to fall asleep when feeding James, or I just can't get comfortable and fidget around.
Where as I am keen to be able to sleep on my side again sometime in the future, I'm so exhausted that I can quickly and peacefully sleep on my back (which I never could before). So, that's at least a plus to get out of this situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment