Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Vet Day
Today was Vet day for June. She wasn't too thrilled with it, but is doing good. She got her vaccinations and a good looking over. She weighs 11lbs 4 ounces. The vet in KS never weighed her, so when the new vet asked questions about things, I had no clue. I don't know what all shots he gave her. I don't know if her weight is always that...although I would guess it is. I did have the files faxed to the new vet when i got home though. She mentioned giving her shots for Cat Leukemia and AIDS too. I didn't know what to say to that. She said it was for outside cats. June goes outside sometimes. June also has some sort of allergy...possibly to fleas. she couldn't get a shot for that yet. it has to be at least a week after vaccines. it's not bad though, so we'll do it if it continues to give her bumps/scabs. everyone at the vet loved june and her little backpack we carry her in. it's so much easier than chancing her jumping out of my arms and she can hide in it when she's scared (all the time when not at home). it's also easier for getting to the car and back. She can't run out and hide under the seat where I can't get her out. her harness attaches to the clip inside the bag, so if she jumps, she can't go anywhere. yea for happy healthy cats!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They make pet carriers... ;)
yes, and they're hard to carry, and if i carried it, she'd be slipping around all over the place. she much prefers the backpack to the pet carrier. that's why we sold it at the yard sale.
Ahhh. Steve actually kind of likes her carrier.
Post a Comment