Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cute Kids Sayings

So, my friend Anne Darby from college is a teacher. She posted some of the quotes she's collected over the years since student teaching. I thought I'd paste them on here for you to enjoy too.

Summer of 2006(I worked in a daycare, and have TONS, but I'll just include a few):

1. "How do you spell evil?" -Wyatt(age 5)
2. Connor: "You have a bigger lollipop Miss Anne." Auggies reply:"That's because she's cool like that!" (both age 5)
3. Destiny(age 9) "Miss Anne, do you have a boyfriend?" Me: "No." Destiny: "If you want him, you can have my uncle Paul. He's single. He's also rich and cute, and he's never had a girlfriend or wife."
4."Connor! Bring the grubs back! They are a family and they can't be seperated!" -Wyatt(age 5)
5."This is the most beautiful air I ever came in to." -Wyatt(age 5)
6. Jessalyn:"Why is the thunder so loud?" Trinity's reply:"Because God is playing the drums...my Daddy said so!" (both age 5)

Fall of 2006 (Student teaching) I spent half of the semester in fourth grade and half in first grade.

4th Grade:
1. Question "What is something you want to learn?"
Lexie: "How to get money from my parents."
Nick:"Where babies come from."
2. "God is camoflage, cause he is everywhere but you can't see him."-Garrett
3. "Oh my gosh, I LOVE bugs!"-Bailey
4. "I'm having an off-day."-Daira
5. "C'mon Miss Darby! Disect the heart! We'll give you a piece!" -Jacob
6.Crystal:"Why is is called Death Valley?" Bailey's reply: "Because people die there!."
7. "They speak English in Kansas."-Patrick
8. "She's a girl-give her what she wants!" -Bailey
9. Reanna: "Miss Darby, Jacob has a crush on you!" Daria: "Yeah! He told Hunter and Charles that he like-likes you!"

First Grade:
1. "If I was a letter, I'd be a silent e-I would!" -Justin
2. "I don't know nuthin...just words and stuff." -Emma
3.Justin: "Where did you get that candy cane Miss Darby?" Me:"In the teacher's lounge." Justin(whispering)"I won't tell anyone-I promise!"
4. Me: "Justin, what did you do to your hair?"(see spikes all over) Justin:"I did it when I took a drink. I'm making myself look handsome!"

Spring 2008 I worked as a literacy teacher and spent a lot of time in a second grade class:
1."I don't get an allowance. I have to find my money." -Dorina
2. "I would love to be the class pet!" -Wyatt

Fall 2008-present(My kindergarten kids)
1. "I don't feel good cause my heart's too big." -Zachary
2. "Sweet! This is the best day of my life!" -Tanner(upon seeing the art room for the first time)
3. "I love your whole body!" -Zachary
4. "That's the best stuff I ever liked!" -Renee(upon seeing a stethescope)
5."Come on eraser! What are you waiting for?" -Zachary(trying to erase crayon)
6."This is you and me and my grandpa, and an alien next to him." -Sullivan(referring to a picture he drew)
7.During show and tell: "I have something that starts with our letter of the week M, and it's attached to me. (lifts up pant leg) A MOLE! And, it's hairy too!." -Sullivan
8."I need ear muffins." -Dravyn
9. "Miss Darby, I cut my finger and I can see it's meat." -Dravyn
10.Me: "It's time for the color song." Tanner: "Hallelujah!"
11. "Miss Darby, look how high I am!(on swings) I'm almost to God!" -Jaylene
12.Me: "Zachary, why did you scratch Brenden?" Zachary: "Because my mom and dad forgot to cut my fingernails."
13.Rashid:"You want to know how far I live from school?" Me: "Sure, how far?" Rashid:"I live in Africa!" Me:"That's a pretty long ways away." Rashid: "Well, I take a shortcut!"
14"Here is some lint you can keep, Miss Darby." -Dravyn
15."God has a special plan for me-I'm gonna be a superhero!" -Rachel
16. Upon seeing popcorn chicken in the hot lunch: "They're baby chickens!" -Dravyn
17.Zachary: "Call me Zacharoni!" Me: "No." Zachary: "Come on, it's a fun name!"
18.During reading centers: Tanner-"I think my brain is silly today." Lucas: "My brain is having a party!" Raul: "My brain isn't working anymore."
19. Zachary: "Miss Darby, how old are you?" Me: "Old." Zachary:"No you're not!" Me: Big smile
20. "Miss Darby, Zachary's really wasting my time-he is!" -Dravyn

No comments: