Thursday, January 29, 2009

More pictures

at this point in time it was easier to just put the photos on facebook and link to them. you should be able to still see them even if you're not on facebook. let me know if you can't.

Muriwai Beach Photos It was a black sand beach! I didn't swim so i don't have any pictures of specific people swimming. Jer spent the majority of the time building a big sand castle. he got a couple of people to join in with him. wish i could have seen it. the beach was over a large sand dune, and i was in the shade trees with others not wanting to be in the sun that day.

Bowling Photos We went 10 pen bowling (that's what they call it here b/c there's another type of bowling) for the first week of young adult study. it was also mike and sarah's birthday who happen to be engaged. can you imagine marrying someone who has the same birthday as you? they're one year apart, but still.

On another note, i've been knitting up a storm. i found the $1 bin at a fabulous craft store. yarn is about the same price here. but this store has more yarn than walmart can even imagine putting out. it's great!! i say walmart b/c that's all i've had nearby forever to buy yarn at. i finish one blanket today for our friend's baby. then i'm starting on a soaker (diaper cover) for leslie.  let's see if i can learn the new skills to complete it!

3 comments:

Love, Faith, Hope said...

The pictures are fabulous! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are adjusting nicely and making some great friends. We have our house listed now and Kev is working in Lubbock. I'm holding down the fort with the cats! Love you.

Leslie said...

Eliza, have you read the book The Friday Night Knitting Club? I just started reading it recently and it is pretty good so far. I'm not really a knitter but I am really loving quilting (well, I've only made one so far, but I want to do more!)...and it's all working with your hands and material to make things. Anyway, glad things are going well for you guys!