Thursday, March 12, 2009

Library

Leslie and I went to the library today, and I got a card. Yea! It was good. The branch we went to is in the local community center right now until their new building is built. Their last one was condemned (sound familiar to any of you?). I knew the libraries here charge for items, but was pleasantly surprised that it isn't for everything. Here's a list of what they have and charge for. I'm coping it straight from the cool little book they give you of their services and policies:

Books-Free 4 weeks
Large Print-Free 4 weeks
Audio books-Free 4 weeks
Non-fiction CD-Roms-Free 4 weeks
Magazines (general)-Free 2 weeks
Music CDs-$1 1 week
Bestseller magazines-$2 1 week
Bestseller books-$5 1 week
DVDs-Free or $2 1 week

I'm guessing the DVDs depend on their age? They also list their library use only items and fees. It's a cool little book. Ok, I might be weird to think this booklet is cool, but you know...that's ok. I'm sure there are at least 2 other readers of this blog who would think so too. you know who you are. I'm tempted to mail it to you...but then I wouldn't have one. 


edit: it costs $1 to reserve something. interesting, eh?

No comments: