1. They have little to no options for low-fat cheeses. There is one called "light" which is a light cheddar. The only other options are low-fat cheese slices. We rarely buy slices...and I need the cheese to be in blocks or shredded or something!!
2. I could not find applesauce at the store last week. I mean seriously, applesauce! Turns out I need to look in the sauces section (I thought I did) not the fruit section. Many make their own too. I might do that instead.
3. I have taught myself to crochet. I have made my first scarf. Much faster than knitting, which I knew it would be, but I'm learning to hold my yarn in my left hand, which I was needing to learn to do for some of my knitting. :-) The first bit of the scarf it quite awful, but it gets better and you don't notice that bobbles that much. Over all, not bad for a first project. Next, a matching hat....
4. We have found a reputable store to sell dry black beans. I say reputable b/c the beans are in a pre-sealed bag. Not like the chinese market store that has them in ziplock baggies with words written with a sharpie like they bought a giant bag and divvied them up. The Chinese store is cool for some things...but others are a little iffy, and you have to be careful of what comes from China here. It's not monitored like it is in the States. There was a whole baby milk debacle not too long ago you might have heard about. It was sad.
2 comments:
way to crochet! You should post a picture of your scarf. Also, maybe you could make pizza with slices of cheese. Might not look so nice atop a taco, though.
It's just like being in Leoti on the cheese front then. No amount of the extension agent talking to the grocery store will get them to stock them.
Post a Comment