Update: So, we went to the post shop and they said, "Oh, we don't do that, you need to go to AA." Luckily, AA was able to process it and give me new plates on the spot!! Now, I have to go back to work right after we pick up my cousin from the airport. Woo. (btw, AA here is not Alcoholic's Anonymous as it is in the US hehe).
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Funniest Crime Ever
Ok, it might not be the funniest ever, but the funniest to happen to me. I go to leave for work this morning and found out that our license plates have been stolen. We have the ones where you have it on front and back. The person so kindly screwed them off and even put the screws back, so it looked at first glance. I called the police station to find out what to do. I have to go the post shop (where you do car licensing and whatnot) to work on getting new plates. He said some might be able to give me some today, but most don't keep them on hand. Bonus: I can't drive my car there to do it or anywhere else for that matter until we have plates! This does include work. He said if we can avoid it, have a friend drive us or let us borrow their car. My supervisor at work said, "I'm not sure what leave to put this under..." :-) It's good we're staying with friends, but I don't want to extra burden them!! Extra Bonus with cherries on top: My cousin Carlos comes in today. He's visiting for his R&R from Iraq. Luckily, our friends already volunteered to help go pick him up as I was supposed to be at work. I hope we can get plates soon. They don't seem to do the temp plates. We were wanting to do some traveling with Carlos, not to mention just showing him around and stuff. Our buses are really nice here, so we'd use them, but there's not a bus stop around our friends house b/c it's a new subdivision. Does this make things fun! I really am laughing about this. That's all I can really do. Oh man...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment