Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tired

Plenty has been going on to prevent me the time of posting.

1. Family camp is coming up. Jer and I are in charge. :-)
2. I'm in charge of planning the sermon/class series after family camp.
3. Trip to Rotorua. Planned quick, but a good thing to get out of town for a while and see our friends. We've decided we should stop calling ahead b/c someone in their family gets really sick, usually goes to hospital even, when we call and say we're coming. The theory is if we just show up, this won't happen. That sounds logical, right?
4. Life. Work, church, sleep. That's what I do.

So we have been using another library's shelver lately when ours is gone on vacation. She points to the kids section and says, "It's all out of order!". I think my exact reply was, "Probably", then I went on my way. She was stunned. Our library is always out of order. You come to realize this quickly. You may wonder how we can stand this, esp. since we're librarians. But really you get over it. I think I even shelved a kids non-fiction in a wrong place b/c the whole shelf was out of order and didn't think twice about it. We just don't have time to fix it. Now you may wonder how we find things. We just do. One, we do fix things, just not as often as other libraries. Two, we know how they think. Three, we don't. :-) We'd have to escort people around the library to keep them from getting everything a mess. And since we're a small library with a huge turnover we just do what we can to keep people happy. That's point of the retail library anyhow. Customers first. forget about checking in or the backroom work. Keep the customers happy. If you wonder how many people average, we get about 1500 on Saturdays. I don't know about the rest, that's the only one i know.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We've been wondering about you! I know what you mean about books out of order and being okay with it! I worked a retail bookstore in college and that is what happens.