Friday, August 6, 2010

Web 2.0.2

So, Tosca is at it again. She is forcing my hand and making me do more web 2.0 things. I do have to say thought that looking at the overview, I will be learning new stuff that I wouldn't have known about before. I haven't heard of most of them on the list. There will be 6 of them, my readers. So, bear with me and maybe you'll learn something too.

The first is Box.net. So far, I like it. This is a website that you can get a free or paid subscription to upload files to. You can either keep them to yourself or share them with others. They can even edit them, if you so use. I see this being quite handy for those in uni (college for my US friends), esp. anyone doing long distance learning. You can even create basic files online to store. That's handy. I also noticed that you can have it sync to your desktop, and it is usable with mobile devices (like iphone/ipad/blackberries). I might even use it for church when we update the website. I see it being useful there. Customers will like this too. They don't have to buy a thumb drive or a cd to save their CVs anymore. Of course, they will still have to give us more than a 2 mintue warning that their time is up. :-) Here is a link to my poem I wrote just for this assignment.

2 comments:

tosca said...

I know, I'm sorry! Just when you thought you'd gotten rid of me :0) And wow you're quick, you've already completed week 2. I like Box.net and, to test it a bit further, I have the iPhone app and it's quite handy (although am only using it for the purpose of web 2.0). I'm hoping that our customers find it useful, even if our staff don't totally :) And I've also just noticed that it's started to play up when I tried to upload a file today *blinks* Oh darn. LOL@your poem hah

timwylie said...

That's a pretty good poem right there. I like it.