We had a nice Christmas. Our last with just the two of us. I didn't really want to go down to Rotorua and spend it with the family that we usually do. I wanted to stay close to home just in case and have a calm holiday. And that we did.
Sunday night after church, we went with friends to see a city Christmas 'tree'. It's lights in the shape of a tree. They're all LED and they get the colours going in cool patterns. Then we walked up the only street in Auckland where most people decorate the outside of their house. It was a good night. A kind young lady even let myself and another pregnant woman use the toilet before her, which was nice as I was dancing around by that point. :-)
Monday morning, Jer went to the beach with friends. He had a great time. That night, we went over to a friend's house with a couple of other families for a taco night and to watch Polar Express. The kids really got into having a ticket to punch and hot chocolate to drink at the same time as the movie. I'm not sure how they drank the hot chocolate, it was rather hot in there!
Christmas day, we were invited to another friend's house (the same he went to the beach with) for lunch. That was a nice relaxing day. The only hurry part was getting ready to go as the family had called before lunch. I can't say we've ever talked to all our family in the space of so little time, let alone on Christmas Day. Oh the pleasures of technology.
The next day, we had dinner with some other friends. That was fun and more traditional for us. We enjoyed talking to the kids about their new toys. Jer got to play with a few of them. We weren't so keen to get on the new trampoline as it kept raining and when it wasn't, they came in all wet from the trampoline itself. :-) Jer did play legos awhile, but not with the kids, with one of the sets of parents!
Over all, we had a nice relaxing time. Having this week off work has given me time to organize and clean in a slow manner, which is nice. I needed regular breaks between everything anyhow. This kid is exhausting. I know, I know, just wait until he comes. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment