To my regular readers:
At work, we are doing a learning exercise to learn about different web 2.0 aspects. I am to blog 6 differnent experiences up to July. So, when you see "Week **..." in the subject it's a work exercise. :-)
To my work co-horts:
I don't know what my 2.0 expectations are. In reference into the blog exercise, I regularly blog, as you can see from my blog history. I do expect to learn about Zamzar and more about Good Reads. I've never even heard about Zamzar before. Twitter is not one I'm excited about. I have plenty of friends/family, including my husband, who tweet (see I even know the terminology), so it's not as though there's not much I expect to learn about that. Facebook is something I use regularly as well to keep up with my friends and family. We use it to post events for our church youth and young adults. I personally love it because I can see what my family, all of whom are halfway around the world, is up to. It can't be too hard to use, as my grandma uses it. (I love you Grandma and Grandpa!) I can't say as I have any fears either about web 2.0 technology. I'm not afaid of the technology as some people are.
A public library might use a blog to share about events/activities going on. You might also post pictures about past events or changes in library layout. Staff members could take turns posting about favorite books or featured new books if they don't have anything else in place for something like this. Customers could expect the things listed above as well as changes in hours for holidays.
2 comments:
Hi de hi - awesome! You're a blogger extraordinaire :-) I'll be popping in and out of your weekly exercises to respond to any posts and queries. Is it ok if I take note of the library blog ideas you've listed? Enjoy the tutorial :)
sure, no worries. Go ahead.
Post a Comment