Friday, April 23, 2010
Week 2: Zamzar
What a funny title. I wonder how they came up with it. I guess I could look, but that's not going to happen right now. :-) Zamzar is a neat little website that does file conversions. Do you have a document you need to change to a .pdf? This site will do it. Did your sister send you a .docx and you can only open .doc, well then, this site can convert it and email it to you within mintues. How cool is that. It does all kinds of files: documents, images, powerpoints. It is very easy to do. With four easy steps, anyone can do it, staff and customers alike. The only things you need are the file in question and an email address. This is very useful for our learn.nets as customers are frequently asking how they can change files. I would use this site anytime at work. I don't really think I'd personally use it at home much because I have more sophisticated programs to do it for me. :-) Does it sound too good to be true? Give it a try. www.zamzar.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi de hi - you're tracking along very quickly! You're right - at home we probably wouldn't need to use it all that much. In the learn.nets it could come in handy. The biggest sticking point is, of course, paying for email access OR signing up for an email account in the first place if you didn't already have one - both of which are necessary to successfully convert a file from our computers. YAY! Congratulations on completing week 2's Zamzar activity :)
Zamzar is by far my most favourite 2.0 website. Because I spend some time on the computer, I find using it from bmp to jpeg really cool.
na mihi
ps love your template
Post a Comment