Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 3: Twitter

I have now completed the twitter learning section of the web 2.0. I am not happy about it. If any of my friends and family are twitter-ites (I just made that word up), do NOT look for me. I won't be using it after this. I have long said I would not get a twitter. I have too much on my plate to care or worry about the daily goings on of people. I barely follow on facebook and it's more interesting b/c I get to see pictures! It's not that it's hard to use; I just don't want to. It's not the easiest thing to figure out, but it is doable. I guess I expected it to have a block at the top kinda like facebook to type in w/o clicking on a person. Maybe there is one, but I didn't see it this time. I feel I am compitent in it enough to help somone wanting to use it, but don't want to use it personally. I even got the luxury of blocking someone seconds after I signed up. I had a follower (whom I'd never heard of) immediately who wanted me to follow the link to their pics. Can we say porn? I would definately be hunted down at work had I clicked on that. :-) I guess the library can promote our events via Twitter. I would only promote our twitter to those I knew had a twitter account. I wouldn't suggest someone get a twitter account to follow us. Our website is good for those things as well.

2 comments:

tosca said...

Twitter is definitely not for everyone - and I appreciate the fact that you completed the exercise and were very honest about not using it for personal reasons. On the plus side, it does give you an edge if you customers enquiring about how to register or send messages on Twitter. Congratulations on completing week 3's Twitter activity :)

timwylie said...

I'm not using twitter because I'm cool. I'm going to start an anti-twitter where you sign up and then don't post about what's going on. Now that's something I'm up for.