Thursday, April 29, 2010
Week 4: Good Reads
Good Reads is a great site for advid readers who are always looking for new authors and titles. You can talk about what you liked and didn't like about the books you have already read and keep up with people who similar books as you. I think it is a great site for readers advisory; however I don't think I have the time to do it right now. If I wasn't driving 2+ hours a day to work, I might do it. I don't feel encouraged to do it during my lunch break; I would want time at home to do it. Plus, I probably wouldn't do much by way of reviews purely because I'm already doing this at work. Now, I guess I could copy and paste them, but whatever. I would promote this to people who are willing to spend the time to do it. It would take regular reviewing and searching to use this site to the fullest. The quizes on the site are an interesting aspect, but I equate that to be those who have lots of free time, like those doing all the applications on facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GoodReads can be a good readers' advisory tool if you're wanting similar title/author recommendations but, if you're like me, it's way too easy to get caught up in the forums and reviews. So little time. Yay you! You can cross week 4 off your list :)
Post a Comment